Monday, January 27, 2014

A little DIY 2

I found this really cool blue/purple colored yarn and made myself an infinity scarf. Seed stitch with a border, in my mind it looks like blueberries so that's what I'm calling it, "the blueberry scarf" XD.


Cast on in multiples of 2 (add 6 stitches for both edges).

I cast on 3 stitches (border) + 20 + 3 more stitches (border), so 20+6, 26 sts in total. I used two skeins, which gave me enough length to wrap the scarf twice over my neck.

100 gr. yarn, 6.5 mm needles.

Row 1:  K2, P1, *K1, P1... end with K1, P1 and slip the last stitch as if to purl.
Row 2:  K2, P1, *P1, K1... end with K1, P1 and slip the last stitch as if to purl.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until desired length. Bind off following the pattern. Sew ends together.

Pretty easy, right?

3 comments:

  1. Me likey! May try this one. What size yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Well, the label only said "100 gr. 100% Acrylic", that's all the info it had, XD XD. I used 6.5 mm needles, which is supposedly 10 1/5 US size.
      I casted on 20+6 stitches, which fit fine around my neck, plenty of left over for folds but not too much... I guess for someone with a shorter neck it would be less stitches, obviously.

      Delete
    2. BTW, I never use US sizes. I don't even know them. All my needles are in mm so I had no clue what a 10 1/5 was until you said it. LOL. Damn America always wants to be so different.

      Have I ever shown you the hat and cowl I made. And that's what a infinity scarf is, right? A cowl?

      Delete