Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fake book covers 01

You know when you're reading a book... and the model(s) on the cover is not really what you imagined the character to be? Or, say the main character has certain physical characteristics that are not depicted as they should have? and it all just puts you off?
Well, there are various ways to circumvent this, but the most fun for noob photoshop users like myself is to make a cover of your own.
My friend Suri and I are super fans of Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series... and one day we were talking about models we thought would represent the characters best, but it's so difficult to agree on one! I had decided to have a go at making alternate book covers for the books, but alas! I ended up liking the covers that didn't have model faces that I decided to post them, what do you think?
The obvious main reason: if it's anything else but people depicted, then you're free to imagine the characters as you wish.
Here's the first book: Slave to Sensation!


No comments:

Post a Comment