Sunday, June 30, 2013

Delayed birthday pics

I totally forgot to post these pics on my birthday, june 23th, I'm going to blame it on my kyaaaa-ing about my gifts but most of all my bliss-out on wonderful cake-ness.
That is to say, my awesome bro cooked me a special cake!

Here are the main ingredients:  Chocolate and Peanuts.


Which, at my request, were turned into a... Peanut butter cup Cake!



A japanese-style strawberry shortcake Cake (a vanilla cake, basically), filled with delish home-made peanut butter and cream filling (we did the math, it's soooooooooooooo much cheaper to buy peanuts by the bulk and make your own peanut butter with the food processor than buy the jars, I swear. Plus it's easy, you just process the peanuts with a little bit of oil and voilá), and chocolate ganache cover!
You know, I don't mean to brag (right XD) but it's a known fact that the finest types of cacao beans come from Venezuela, they are super expensive abroad but thankfully they are still accessible to us venezuelans, we bought those huge chocolate bars (1 kg. / 2.2 lb.) because bro is always cooking with it so it makes sense, he used the Bucare type, which is 52,2 % pure cacao (not that bitter).
If you don't believe me about the venezuelan chocolate just check out, for example:

La Maison du Chocolat

They use venezuelan vintages of cacao. See the prices. We bought the bars way cheaper (17, about 22 US$ each), and do you know how many bonbons can come out of one of those bars? 50 at the very least!


2 comments:

  1. This may be the one time you'll hear me so ew. Ew. I don't like nuts, especially peanuts. Nasty.

    Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pft! It's not the first time, you picky eater XD XD XD. Remember the paté your mum made? and the japanese green tea? LOL
      By the way, I just remembered to ask you, when you went to Japan, did you try anko (adzuki beans paste)? did you like it?
      And of course I liked mah cake, it was super yummy and we finished it in two days.

      Delete